FREE SHIPPING. MADE IN AMERICA.
Citric Acid Anhydrous USP is in a 5 lb. container.
Citric acid is a natural occurring fruit acid, produced commercially by microbial fermentation of a carbohydrate substrate. Citric acid is the most widely used organic acid and pH-control agent in foods, beverages, pharmaceuticals and technical applications.
Citric acid anhydrous occurs as colorless crystals or as white, crystalline powder with a strongly acidic taste. It is very soluble in water, freely soluble in ethanol (96 %) and sparingly soluble in ether.
Citric acid anhydrous is non-toxic and has a low reactivity. It is chemically stable if stored at ambient temperatures. Citric acid anhydrous is fully biodegradable and can be disposed of with regular waste or sewage.
- Colorless or white
- Crystals or crystalline powder
- Strongly acidic (pH in a 5 % solution approx. 1.8)
- Typical, practically odorless
- Very soluble in water
- Freely soluble in ethanol (96 %)
- Sparingly soluble in ether
- Low reactive
- Chemically and microbiologically stable
- Fully biodegradable
- USP grade